Why choose MVHR (heat recovery ventilation) when window trickle vents and noisy kitchen and bathroom extractor fans will keep the building inspector happy?
- Indoor air quality – keeping indoor air contaminants low, maintaining relative humidity in the healthy zone (in the range 50%, ±15%), filtering out external pollution – doing all this continuously and reliably in the background;
- Energy saving – using MVHR allows you to double-down on building air-tightness, which saves energy, hugely reduces drafts, makes the house quieter and helps the durability of the building fabric;
- Comfort during hot weather – by helping keep relative humidity down, your home will feel more comfortable in summer
- Open windows! You can still open windows as you do in any normally ventilated home.
- Clothes and towels dry easily all year round, no noisy bathroom or kitchen fans, bathroom mirrors clear quickly
Read more about ventilation here